Sunday, October 9, 2016

BIRD NEWS:235


That was my last photo of the Bewick swans for this trip. Next up I wandered past the wildlife garden area and saw a group of goldfinches flit from tree to feeder and back. I have circled those in my photos in case you cannot see them without a hint.



Next along my travels I came upon a pond filled with noisy ducks. On the path was the goose with the broken wing feathers, rummaging about. He had probably overtaken me as I took some time out to ride the boat trip through the reedbeds.



Looking back across the path before going further forward, I spotted one goldfinch perched on a tree and hoped for a better shot... This is as large as I could get him.



I then went back towards the noisy-duck pond and round the corner to see if the Trumpeter swans were still using the pond...

2 comments:

  1. That's a great picture of the pond of noisy ducks. Did you get any pictures on the boat trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. you can take photos on the boat trip - but i prefer to use my eyes and look at things and listen to the guide rather than go snap snap snap...

    ReplyDelete