Monday, October 10, 2016

BIRD NEWS:236



Yes, the trumpeter swans were still in the same lake-pond and take a look at how huge the cygnets have grown in the 6 weeks I was away! They are now adult sized, if still cygnetty colored.



You can see the younger ones dive their beaks down and stick their tails out to find their own food now, also. They are not however quite as glamorous as their parents and their wobbling waving feet and legs are quite comical - and look even more amusing when moving than still.



I snapped a picture of a newly erected info-board to share with readers as I moved along. Every so often these boards are changed - so even for regular readers seeing my regular trip photos, there will be new information!


My next stare-halt was along the reedbed walk at the open air feeder station. I could hear tapping and hoped to spot woodpeckers as at least two trees had the noise issuing from them - but alas, not on this trip. I did catch a few shots of other birds though, including this coal-tit.


2 comments: