Wednesday, March 8, 2017

BIRD NEWS:300


Someone is investigating the bird nesting box!! This is the fifth time this year that I have spotted activity from a great or blue tit peeping in, flying away, returning and peeping in some more - then finally popping right inside to LOOK at a potential new nesting home. Alas, there was no activity today while cooking lunch, so I assume that as of the final week of the month it remains vacant.


Here is Wrenster in the berry-bush outside my kitchen window. until this week, I have spotted our 2 wrens hopping about shrubs and bushes in the yard - and the palm tree that until yesterday obscured my view of the pond from the kitchen window. My plan this month had been to take the palm tree down as I was getting more and more frsutrated at having to change rooms/windows to see the entire back yard. I did saw it out yesterday - but had to be persuaded to do so, as Wrenster appeared to be breaking off bits of debris and taking them inside the overgrowth - as if begining to start a nest in it...


Luckily, its removal to the side fence where it now lays horizontally to rot naturally has not stopped our wrens enjoying what is left of the stump/debris - they were back today doing a mating ritual (I assume). There was definitely some strange antics and dancing postures gpoing on.

Mr Bob was also back in sight today, in his favored spot behind the laundry line in the gap between trees and shrubbery.

2 comments:

  1. I like the pics of the bird investigating the little house. I wonder why nobody moves in, though. I wonder if there's something you can put inside that would encourage them, like food or nesting material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wouldnt want to do that - they either like it or they dont....i will be patient.

    ReplyDelete