Sunday, March 26, 2017

BIRD NEWS:309



This shot of mallards and another species was taken back at the lake next to the cafe. Also adjacent to the lake was yet another Duty Duck sculpture - the Springtime one.


I did not drink my coffee outdoors this trip, due to the icy cold strong winds - but inside, where I did not bother taking pictures as I did not have a table next to the window. I began my trek along the moat side avenue towards the bus stop in Arundel town.


Moorhens, coots, ducks, pheasants and seagulls frequented the marshy fields beside the avenue on the opposing side to the castle on this trip. There were also a few geese on my current excursion - which is unusual. I assume some were looking for nesting grounds or had flown further afield due to mating season.

Back home, and the starlings were hanging out on the feeder pole. If you wonder why there are peanuts on top of the feeders, that is because I washed out the peanut feeder - so placed some of the peanuts on top while doing so, to allow peanut-eaters to continue to dine.

My last couple of shots for today's post come from early March and are of Curio - the tame female blackbird. She has begun collecting nesting materials and taking them to the pittisporum tree outside my bedroom window! I am delighted to say that with the new month, quite a few birds are collecting debris and preparing nests - blackbirds, robins, wrens, sparrows...

2 comments:

  1. Springtime Dusty has a lot of tattoos. :D

    I love that picture of the starlings all gathered on the feeder. It looks like it is dripping with dew or rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yes - and all spring styled! it was a bit wet...

    ReplyDelete