Sunday, March 19, 2017

BIRD NEWS:305






In the woodland hide, I caught a few more photos before moving on. This male chaffinch for example, shown in the first picture above. My next photo shows the female chaffinch - observing a blue tit.

I was about to move along to the outdoor observation point when I spotted the robin staring up at me from the ground. I did eventually move on and took a shot or two of a great tit munching seed on a sliced trunk.


I was contemplating returning to the woodland hide or leaving after a coffee, as there was a very strong icy cold wind blowing today and I did not feel like staying as long as I might otherwise have done. There was a mallard couple on my path which slowed me down, though.


I stayed a little longer at the outdoor feeder station and spotted a blue tit where the great tit had formerly been. Back at the woodland hide for 5-10 minutes before that coffee called me onwards, I encountered a few long tailed tits but I did not see the water rail on this trip as I have done at this hide for the last 2 months. Maybe it only appears frequently in December and January.

2 comments:

  1. I like the bird using the tree stump as a picnic table. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, looks like its one extra place to feed them from!

    ReplyDelete