Thursday, March 23, 2017

BIRD NEWS:307



I pottered along the path, passing a group of ducks performing their mating ritual - but was only able to get the camera to capture the tail end of the display. During the main part, the ducks head feathers were raised and their calls were sounding, as several males and females swan about in a frenzy. I then passed an inquisitive goose.

Across the lake, another one was standing, amongst various other aquatic birdlife. I then made my way past the group of pigeons, this time hanging out with the Nenes and a seagull. Jackdaws, moorhens, etc were also present at the feeding station. The pigeons were also displaying mating behaviour, which seems to be the in thing for late February.


This pair of pigeons were resting just in front of me, so naturally the camera pointed towards them.

I will end today's script with a picture of a pair of ducks who seemed quite golden in their pre-mating feathers.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of mating. They must sense Spring coming. That's a great close up of the goose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it is sort of spring....my latest trip had ducklings already born, so....

    ReplyDelete