Tuesday, October 1, 2019

BIRD NEWS:514


This is a pair of curious Nenes - but if you had no idea what the mystery species in my last post was - join the club. I assumed it was a goldeneye/barrows goldeneye - but after checking the species out, I assume maybe I was wrong....unless it is females without males...



The Bewicks were still relaxing, napping as I passed by them again. More Lego coming up...




In fact, I took quite a few shots of Lego this trip. I attempted to get the info boards in with number of blocks and time to build facts included.



Next, I arrived at the Trumpeter Swan lake...they were on their island at the time I passed by. I passed some more swans - mute swans - preening.


4 comments:

  1. Those Lego birds are pretty amazing. I hope they have a safe place to keep them off season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they just go to a different reserve - they're 9-10 WWT reserves....i think they tour them all before dumping/dismantling them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dismantling them?! After all that work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. well they dont have a permanent home - there are 9-10 reserves and once they have been to them all there is nowhere else for them to go - maybe they sell them off or something instead though....?

    ReplyDelete