Sunday, October 27, 2019

BIRD NEWS:526


Well, there was one head up - but the other down - so I took a shot of the info board before trying again to successfully capture the duo of live specimens.



Finally! It was then time for the first talk - about Snipes with Warden Tracy - who you will see in a photograph at FB on the Arundel WWT page for this event. I then popped in to see the exhibition on nests and talk about nests. I then pottered along to find the other duo of swan pals - the blacknecked.



I stayed to take a few photos of this pair - and to see if they were being friendly or not.



Well...they were not as companionable and curious as the Bewicks - but were not as distant as the Trumpeters - on this occasion.


2 comments:

  1. I like that little island or peninsula that the Blacknecks have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. plenty of both on the lakes - none of them are circular or oval without ins and outs, ups and downs, etc.

    ReplyDelete