Thursday, December 5, 2019

BIRD NEWS:533



Turning slightly further along I spotted a heron! They were not listed in the info board on birds you were likely to spot - nor had I seen one on the visit I made last week, so this was a surprise! Just like the cormorant, it seemed to have plenty of fish to gulp down - though perhaps it took its time a little more, unlike the former bird that dived, surfaced, swallowed, dived, surfaced, swallowed....



Now, I am wondering if the smudgy bird I took to be a young cormorant on my last visit might have been a young heron? Here the duo are on this trip - turned away from one another, both fishing...


Before departing from the lagoon and making my way inland to catch a bus from Lancing to Worthing, I took a snap of the other swan pair.


My final picture from that day is completely different. There are no real birds in it - yet it relates to birds. The park I walked through to get from where the bus let me off to the hospital to visit a friend contained a variety of sculptures and art works and I took a picture of 2-3. This one related to birds - the other ones were white paper covered structures, that I assume light up at night, of animals. I have no idea if it is an exhibition, an installment, a temporary attraction, or what - it just took my interest enough to take a few photos.




My last duo of pictures for today's post are of the rooster and chooks at Leonardslee Gardens - an early November soggy but enjoyable excursion Liz & I took, predominantly to see the autumn colors in the trees of the gardens and surrounding land.

1 comment:

  1. The heron does look like it could be the guy from that Loch Ness Monster photo.

    ReplyDelete