Thursday, December 12, 2019

BIRD NEWS:536


I was still at the winter-wellness weekend at WWT Arundel, taking photos of the birds as I wandered between sessions, coffee, and lunch. The settling of a bunch of pigeons on the rooftop over the cafe caught my camera's attention next. I soon found more swans - mute swans this time.



There were mainly jackdaws at the feeding station, as I walked past. I went along to see the black-necked swans and found one observing the feeding cage, wishfully....along with some Canada geese and other birds that could not get inside - as it's meant to allow only the diving ducks to feed.



I got a few more shots of these swans as I passed by their lake.


I then moved on to the merganzers in the waterfall exhibit.



Does anyone know what species these youngsters are?

3 comments: