Sunday, December 15, 2019

BIRD NEWS:540


Here is the male pheasant, not far away from the duo in my last post. That brings me to the close of that excursion - and of November. Early in December, Liz & I were off out hiking again - this time to Petworth Park.



I spotted a bird of prey fairly close, and it wasn't chubby enough to be a buzzard - luckily it stayed around for a long enough time for us to spot the giveaway tail and for me to get a few photos - a red kite!!


It looked more like a pterodactyl in the above shot! One last picture...



My next trip was a solo excursion to Arundel, early in December. My first task was to arrive, cross the road, and walk along the river to WWT. As I crossed the street, I looked over the bridge and spotted a pair of mute swans in the river. On arrival at WWT, I spotted some pigeons hanging out near the Bewick swan lake...and then the swans.



You will notice a coot, moorhen and a pair of mallards in the lake with them - and that the duo are busy feeding - so did not notice me directly.

2 comments:

  1. Nice airborne shots of the Red Kite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes we dont often see those - i did see one when i walked to patching a year or two ago though. so we do ave a local one.

    ReplyDelete