Friday, December 6, 2019

BIRD NEWS:534


My next trip was to Arundel WWT to attend their Winter Wellness weekend - which I went to last year and really enjoyed. On my way along the tree-lined avenue towards the center, I passed a wood pigeon on a fence, overlooking a puddle-pond of ducks, with a moorhen rambling about in the field. A little further along the avenue were a pair of swans, behind some ducks with a crow or two in the fields.


HERE is a video of one of the first things I saw at the center, after signing up for zero-balancing and reflexology sessions and chatting to a herbalist. Yes, regular readers will recognize the Bewick babes - Mr Orange tag and Miss Silvertag - calling to one another and swimming about their lake.



Of course, I also took pictures, as well as the video. I stood with them for a while, waiting for my first sample treatment. I want these swans to get to know me, which they already do to a certain extent. The swans at WWT 5-10 years ago got to know me a little - but it was the Trumpeters that hung with me then - now it is the Bewicks that have accepted me staring at them.



Here are our current Trumpeter duo - who don't really take much notice of me, as yet. I am just another of those humans that walk past and stare at them - whereas the Bewicks recognize me...



I strolled back to the Bewicks on my way to the first wellness session for the day, only to find them preening as busily as the Trumpeters had been.

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of the puddle pond. So many elements and so serene. I also always love to see videos. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the field sometimes houses cattle, otherwise the wild birds flock there - its on my way to WWT so i go ast most months - though sometimes i opt to walk along the river instead.

    ReplyDelete