Saturday, December 14, 2019

BIRD NEWS:539



I could not leave without farewelling my Bewick pals - who hardy noticed me this time. Maybe they were watching the wood pigeons in the tree nearby...



I had just put away my camera ready to leave, when i got it out again - spotting this seasonal little fellow on the gate. My next trip was when Liz drove me to Wakehurst Place. One of the first things we noticed was ornamental lights in the shape of birds. The first one we came across was a robin...



Then we came upon a tree of what we assume is blue tits or longtailed tits. Oh look - another real robin!! It m ust be coming up to Christmas and they know they are needed for photographs!!



Lastly for today, a pair of female pheasants. We had really gone to see the last of the autumn colors - but we found quite a few birds as well!!

2 comments: