Friday, December 6, 2019

BIRD NEWS:535









Master Orangetag Bewick shook midst preening nearby, while Miss Silvertag Bewick came close, trusting me, as she preened. I got a lovely shot of Orangetag as he ate nearby. They were soon back to preening again and I moved along.



There were 2-3 pretty pigeons across the path, near the lake on the other side. I of course stopped to take a couple of photos.



When I had coffee, between signed for sessions on the Winter Wellness Weekend, I was also taking a shot of the eiders out on their lake.




Back home, and the blue tits and great tits were eating peanuts faster than the sparrows ate the wild bird seed. I had to fill the peanut container up just as often, if not more.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like there's lots of activity in the backyard. No cats invading the area lately?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont mention that word - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
    there i a new white one, the tabby ne slinks into the tree, and those black ones have not given up - and something dislodged the bird bath top - so must have leapt at a bird - while i was out last weekend! :( i wish peoples pets woud stay with people and not intrude into my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I wish there was some way to discourage them. Is the birdbath broken?

    ReplyDelete
  4. no its two pieces - one balances in top the other - but falls off if cats leap at it

    ReplyDelete