Friday, December 2, 2016

BIRD NEWS:263 and a new book and other information



More budgie shots followed as they generally do whenever I visit Priory Park. I just see this or that budgie and wonder if I caught a photo of that specific color, or that attitude, or that position...

I did not take many photos other than of these budgies on this excursion though, as Bognor and Brighton and Worthing had either rain or no birds or I had no time before the next bus.

My final picture from today's trip was taken on a short coffee break in Shoreham between visits to Bognor and Brighton. I had just purchased my coffee and sat down on a park bench to enjoy it when....a few spots of rain and a group of birds both caught my attention. There was something black - a cormorant perhaps - in amongst the gulls on that river-isle.

Alas, even with the zoom and high megapixel count, I am not able to get close up enough to tell for sure. Other than a city pigeon swooping right in front of my face at Brighton shopping mall, and hence being too fast to capture on the in-bag camera, that was my last opportunity for Saturday's trip to produce bird pictures - but I also went out on Sunday!

HERE is some info about a brand new book I purchased on this day. I decided that I would invest in a decent quality identification guide, primarily as my 3 average quality books are dated from 30-40 years ago and I wanted something with up to date information.

I bought it from the Wetlands center in Arundel - which might alert regular readers to the photos that are likely to follow - yes folks, more Bewick and trumpeter swans, pigeons, goldfinches, ducks...

Here is the first shot from Sunday's travels - a group of gulls enjoyed a water-logged field after a night of heavy rain.
Blackbird info HERE.

Fined for feeding a pigeon? Disgusting! READ about it HERE.
British birdlife news HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Nice budgie pics. I also like the field and the river isle.

    That poor kid being brought to trial for feeding the birds is ridiculous. :(

    ReplyDelete