Saturday, December 17, 2016

BIRD NEWS:270


As I made my way towards the town center - where the bus stop was located - I walked along the moat-side. On the way to the reserve I had walked on the field side. Evidence of the amount of rain we had had locally overnight was in view - for the moat was 'full'.


Why did I take THIS shot you may be wondering - searching all over for a bird, possibly a pigeon. While that might be what is sighted in the tree, the purpose of my photo was the sighting while eating lunch of another kingfisher. This time on the riverbank. Alas, my pictures did not show it clearly. This is the best shot I got and the blue that distinguishes its identity is not really visible. (It is sitting on the pipe).


Back home, Pidge decided to hang on on top the bird feeder - despite the rain

And a pair of magpies occupied the old dead trees at the base of the yard - keeping the smaller birds away.

2 comments:

  1. The moat looks like it's about to overflow.

    The picture of the kingfisher is really cool, with the bricks and the moss and the pipe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. except this kingfisher doesnt show up like the ones at the wetlands.

    ReplyDelete