Saturday, December 31, 2016

BIRD NEWS:275


Here is one more shot of a Trumpeter youth swimming serenely on their lake. Next up, some information to help you identify a couple of similar birds.


Well, look what i discovered in the woodland hide - a pigeon! Actually, as I wandered inside the hide, 2-3 small birds flew out. I think some blue tits were sheltering in there, or looking for bugs on the floor and walls, maybe. The next thing I saw was the pigeon, though.


Here is a great tit about to go to the peanut feeder. The second shot above is of the great tit actually munching. Along came a blue tit also eager to have a peanut feast...


The bird accompanying the wood pigeon might be new to my blog. I do not think I have photographed one before, but I may have done so and forgotten as I have now seen so many birds. I wonder if anyone can identify it? More will be revealed in my next post. My final shot for today is a pair of blue tits on a branch above the peanut feeder.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever heard of a wigeon before. It's kind of funny that there's another kind of bird that rhymes with pigeon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pigeon and a wigeon sat in the kitchen....

    Or something. :D

    ReplyDelete