Tuesday, December 20, 2016

BIRD NEWS:272



What is this little bird? Well, it was a wren - alas, my photos did not come out very clearly. My next shot of sparrows on the feeder pole came out better and concludes my brief interlude between trips covering early December back yard birds.

My next trip regular readers may anticipate involved the Christmas celebration - Arundel By Candlelight. Each December for the past 3-4 years, I have attended and usually I take a lot of photos of the moat and a few of statues while strolling around the ancient town and sampling hot roast chestnuts and mulled wine.

I wonder if you can find more than one bird in this photo? The next shot shows a close up of two you might have missed and then a better shot of the 'rocking duck' toy.


Then there were a couple of robins on the tree also - here they are along with two more that were not in the first shot. Finally for today and this display, a pair of penguins. I wonder if you can guess what the first picture in my next post will be of...? More statues perhaps, or some birds on the moat, or...

2 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays to you and all your bird friends. :)

    I think I see four birds in the tree, but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was accompanied by a crowd that began as one pigeon when cooking....

    ReplyDelete