Wednesday, December 28, 2016

BIRD NEWS:274 and goldfinch info


The answer to my question is - a pub with a bird related name! Next, yet another statue before we return to real life birds. I don't recall having seen a Christmas penguin before.


From this latest shot you will know I wandered along the moatside avenue if you are a regular reader. You might also spot and recognize mallards - male and female - in the moat. In my next shot, I also captured a coot, moorhen and a swan.


Well this shot should alert regular readers that I did something other than Xmas festivities while visiting Arundel - it is the pair of resident Bewicks' swans I regularly photograph in the wetlands reserve. Regular readers may be well aware that I usually go around the reserve in a clockwise direction and know more or less what to expect as I progress.

Here is some info on the Bewick's swans that regular readers may well know all about by now. Talking of swans, here are the Trumpeter swan family - complete with teenage preeners.

Finally for today - HERE are some goldfinch facts.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I never would have guessed a pub. :D

    That's a great picture of the moat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. i just shot anything i could see that was bird related, lol

    ReplyDelete