Sunday, December 11, 2016

BIRD NEWS:267


I was patient and waited - and sure enough the male pheasant finally unhid its head for my camera - but not for long. Actually, it was preening, not camera shy, as it appeared.


Here is a blue-tit on the peanut feeder. My attention was then taken by a gray creature, fairly large, moving slightly upon the ground in the background of the area. The first photo also shows a robin in the feeder and a moorhen on the ground up front.


Then, it looked a bit like a hedgehog - with a tortoise head...


I was beginning to wonder - 'is it a female pheasant?' - at which point I was greeted by such a bird, so thought nope, it was not a female pheasant. I then thought - perhaps it is a juvenile pheasant...?

2 comments:

  1. I think I can see a mammal-type head in one of those pictures, so it might be a hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete