Friday, December 16, 2016

BIRD NEWS:269


What have we here? This picture was taken on my excursion to Arundel on the third weekend in November. The next shot shows the infoboard on the species and following is a clearer view of the live bird.


Next up, I was passing this bunch of beauties and just had to take a shot or two...


By the variety of colors, you can see that much interbreeding between city and show pigeon has occurred to produce this flock. I wonder if maybe this might be the result showing in our gang back in Wollongong had I stayed another 3-4 years.

That was not the last of the pigeons discovered on my current trip - I had no sooner walked round the corner, about to go to the next area when I spotted....a tree FILLED with my friends!!!!

As you can see the skies were darkening, although they had not been very bright all day through, and rain and wind had both been heavy to begin with. I was beginning to think it might shortly be time to return home. For my final picture today, a close-up of the treefull.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pigeon tree against the gray sky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i really like that shot too. it's only a shade colored off B&W.

    ReplyDelete