Tuesday, July 5, 2016

BIRD NEWS:191


This is the final shot I took of the swallows in the hide. My friend's convinced they already have their nest, unlike the former two sets of swallows, due to spotting poop dripping down the wall in the corner.



Along we trekked some more - and I knew that my friend's estimate of being home around 1-1.30 would not be managed. I did not object though. I was enjoying the trip, company, and bird sightings - and getting some great shots, such as this family of moorhens.



There appeared to be a mommy moorhen with a wandering chick and 1-2 smaller ones. The wanderer was off exploring, while the others rested.




Now that is the type of sign I like to see!!!! Much better than 'please do not feed the birds'! On we walked and somebody else was using the path - as a bed!


3 comments:

  1. "Ducks Only." I wonder what they do in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and those Moorhens have very interesting feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they have l;ots of ducks only signs - it basically means humans keep out!

    ReplyDelete