Thursday, July 21, 2016

BIRD NEWS:204



Back to the Arundel photos again, and next up we have 2 semi-curious/semi-bored birds and one shy one... What are they you ask? Well this next photo board should explain -



Regular readers may recall that gang of hissers with multiple youths that wandered the paths and liked the look of my friends' leg on our former shared excursion. Well they were still out and about wandering the paths on this trip.

One of the identification problems I used to have - but solved each time I took photos of both and then forgot again was whether the white or red marked birds were coots and which were the moorhens. It is only this year that I have finally recalled enough not to confuse the two and need to look them up. For those still with ID problems, here is a board showing illustrations of both.


Next, I went into the woodland hide. This is where birds similar to those in our back yard or a woodland area hang out - as well as the odd duck or moorhen. On this trip, I saw blue-tit, great-tit, coal-tit, marsh-tit, chaffinch, bullfinch... Let us start with the great-tit.


2 comments:

  1. The Gang of Hissers is funny. :D

    I love that shot of the shy Magpie Goose among the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah they have grown up even more now - almost adult last time i saw them

    ReplyDelete