Sunday, July 31, 2016

BIRD NEWS:210





Some more photos taken on my third trip to Arundel Wetlands reserve in 2016. First up, I encountered a huge swan - standing shitting on the path as I walked past. This was preceded by another family of wandering geese.



As I walked past the swan on the path, it nibbled something on the ground and pooped again. I now know what swan shit looks like... 

Um, let us look at some more birds - ducks!



Back to swans again, but a trumpeter swan, not a mute swan this time. On the two former occasions that I have visited this year, these swans were on-nest. On this occasion the cygnets were now swimming around with the parents. The parents were shooing away a gull.






2 comments:

  1. Great pictures of the swan's long snaky neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...agreed!!swan n ecks, my latest speciality....lol

    ReplyDelete