Sunday, July 3, 2016

BIRD NEWS:188




Snap snap snap went the camera, with me quite grateful to whomever invented digital cameras - meaning no need to pay for films galore if taking numerous pictures, -considering I took close to 200 pictures on this one trip.



Yes, we would definitely not be getting home by 1pm - but then, it did not matter to me. I could trot over to Rustington some other day for new watch batteries and had nothing else I 'had' to do other than eat.



Across flew a group of ducks or geese, breifly grabbing my camera's attention from the young black-headed gull nesting island. Eventually we shifted our butts and wandered further along the track in the wetlands reserve. Our next encounter was to view a nest of trumpeter swans...


2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are great pictures. That picture of the swans in the middle of the water and all that lush vegetation is beautiful. And I love that little island that the birds hang out on.

    I agree about the digital camera. Photography used to be an impossibly expensive hobby when I was a kid, but now I can take pictures all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been back a few times since - the swans in the lake isle have young now

    ReplyDelete