Sunday, July 24, 2016

BIRD NEWS:207


One last shot of the coot family before I left the cafe break and went around a second time, this time inclusive of a boat trip. I stopped off at the herb house to check on the swallows, seeing as I had failed to spot any in the other two nesting spots this week. These were the ones I got the best shots of on my last trip. This time, I only saw one of the birds - standing on the roof corner of the herb hut.




Next, I trotted round to the woodland hide again to capture some more finch shots to share.




This fellow would not give me a decent picture, as it would not stay still long enough for the camera focus to take effect, but did make an interesting collection, before staring and leaving.


5 comments:

  1. That's an interesting picture of the swallow. What's the herb house? It looks like he's sitting on a big net.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you say you took a boat trip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the herb house is a hut where they showcase basic info on a few wildflowers used as herbal remedies etc - a thatched hut sort of thing with dried flowers and info boards. (I went there today actually to research a garden weed) yes they have a short boat ride in the reeds where a guide talks about nature and you can learn a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. Did you get pictures of the boat ride?

    ReplyDelete
  5. no i was too absorbed by the ride....but i will sometime, when i go again!

    ReplyDelete