Tuesday, July 19, 2016

BIRD NEWS:203


One more shot of those gulls and their young amidst the other waterfowl to share, before moving on to the next section of the reserve. This time when I went for a wander around, I tried not to take too many pictures. My next picture I am uncertain about. I do not recall what exactly was supposed to be in the shot. On the computer, I can distinguish 2 lumps that might be a duck head and small reed bird - which I have circled - but I have forgotten what was supposed to be in the shot.



The board is far clearer and can provide you with information about the ducks - but it was not the duck next up on the camera cue.


This bird looks peaceful enough - perhaps... Resting beside the path in the sunshine, you think? Well - let us see a close up of the mouth - EEEEK! Look at those teeth, ready to hiss and nip, lol!



This pair seem to be strolling along watching the birds behind the fence as well as we humans who were doing the rounds.


Back home, and for two days in a row I spotted a jay in our yard. The only other time I have seen on in the yard it had pounced upon prey. This one however, decided it liked peanuts. This I totally approve of and I was more than happy for it to struggle upon the peanut feeder and munch a couple.

2 comments:

  1. I love that really long, wide picture of the riverbank.

    I hope that angry bird didn't attack anyone. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the art of cropping, lol. nah, its peaceful - just panting in the sunshine i think - though they will 'go' for someone if they ap[proach the young or the think they have food to give them.

    ReplyDelete