Saturday, July 23, 2016

BIRD NEWS:206




I was still not quite at the cafe and took a couple of shots - one of another board as I passed, along with one of a duck 'in real life' as seen in the picture. I thought it would be a nice way of showing regular readers the real thing as well as giving a little information - but that it would also remind me when sorting my photos of what the various birds were if I did this.


That goose family had such sleepy youngsters as I passed, I had to take a shot. This is a lovely time of year to visit, as there are so many young to watch of many species. Next up, a family of coots swimming around together.



There were actually 5 of them all together, 2 parents and three young. The parents dived down and grabbed green weedy stuff and fed their youngsters with it on surfacing. This was happening while I sipped my coffee, so I was seated and managed to get some clear shots with my elbows secure to the table.




Another interesting duck floated along for a moment before passing...

2 comments: