Monday, July 11, 2016

BIRD NEWS:198


This is the last shot of the egret spotted in Shoreham at low tide. I took one more of the gulls though, shortly before they mated. It appears to be gull etiquette to bite the neck feathers of ones partner before jumping on top, hmm...



My final picture from Shoreham is of one of the pigeons from the toilet road roof gang strolling down the street ahead of me. I saw one other pigeon in the gang, but it flew up into its group habitat and just out of camera shot.

Back home, and I looked out the kitchen window to spot somebody on the path between the wild flowers and turnip patch...



It was a small bird, young, learning about the world about it - and when it turned around I could tell this for certain due to it not yet having grown as big as its beak!


2 comments:

  1. Aw, cute. What kind of bird is he?

    That's a great shot of the Pigeon walking down the brick road.

    I wonder if Gulls get hickeys....

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby starling, i think...but could be a blackbird.

    ReplyDelete