Saturday, July 9, 2016

BIRD NEWS:196



More ducks were using the path near the cafe as well as the lake below the outdoor tables. As we departed from the wetlands reserve, we had just one more encounter - a family of coots.



Back home, the starlings were busy chattering loudly while munching food on my feeder as if starved. Here is a pair of adults with three youngsters and a sparrow enjoying the food available. I topped the feeder up before going out, so you can see how popular the seed tube is with those young sparrows!



No, this is not my back yard - this is my next trip, taken the very next day after my Arundel excursion with friends, but this time I was traveling alone. I only went for a brief excursion to Shoreham, where I sat down in Coronation Park to sip a take out coffee. Sighted at first were a few gulls standing on boats in low tide.


2 comments: