Saturday, June 4, 2016

BIRD NEWS:170


Here is a shot of Pidge wandering in the below-feeder realm, aimed at locating food. Here is another shot of the same area - with Mr Black doing likewise.



The feeder continues to be extremely popular as you can see by the way this sparrow is tucking in.

My next few shots are taken of a surprise wanderer. I was trotting along the track towards Rustington, when passing a tree trunk, I suddenly spotted a flash of color - I stuck still, watched, slowly reached for my camera....and snapped!



A beautiful pheasant was wandering along the road beside me - it was startled at first almost as much as I, but did not take more than a few steps away from me before striding onward on its slow meanderings, so I was able to take some fairly good shots.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, those are great shots of the pheasant. What a lucky break.

    No matter how hard I look, I cannot see Mr. Black in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay tuned - I got even closer last weekend to a pheasant. Mr Black is a black splodge amongst the grass....bottom center

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I see him. He's hiding behind a little plant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, diving into the grass for crumbs under the feeder...

    ReplyDelete