Tuesday, June 21, 2016

BIRD NEWS:181



Here is a sparrow that inadvertently snuck into a photo I was taking of plants on my windowsill. Starlings fluttered down as I placed suet and seed on the sill on the final Saturday of May - and here I managed to get a shot or two of them.


This brings us to another trip out, taken the final Saturday in May. I had no idea I was going out until, en route to work, a friend approached and invited me to the reserve in Arundel after work. I agreed to shift my plans to accommodate the trip eagerly. Below is the first shot I took of the surprise trip upon which I took rather a lot of pictures - meaning I will have been posting more frequently in the past few weeks to catch up.


One parent had just 2-3 chicks, but the other pair of parents had 'rather a lot' as you can see in my next picture! I apologize for the people in the picture - I could not get both the parent bird and chicks in the shot without including my companions.


As we continued the start of our stroll we passed a moorhen also on a wander. We then began to encounter a group of parents and young that allowed for some good photographs as they were so used to humans.


2 comments:

  1. Those are great. I like the one with the humans in it. That must have been a very pleasant stroll for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah - i really love hanging out with my friends...we went out in the same gang yesterday, too and each time one of us returns to Arundel, we update each other on what nwe have seen that the other missed...

    ReplyDelete