Monday, June 20, 2016

BIRD NEWS:180



Back home from my last trip, I managed to take a few shots of Ditty and partner eating seed on the windowsill.


Ditty arrived first and began to tuck in as her partner landed in the tree, stared, and followed her to the sill. They both munched for a little while before leaving.

Also enjoying the tree a few hours later was a resting parent starling. It seemed to either be taking a breather, exhausted - or perhaps it had used the food in our yard and had fed all its young.


Two days later, I did find a dead starling on the garden path in the morning, however, so I am now wondering if it was sick. May was almost over with the final weekend approaching fast. Friday I took my camera out a couple of times though - once to capture Ditty and partner in the tree and once for DIY reasons.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's sad about the poor starling. When I was on my walk early this morning, I found a dead baby bird behind the supermarket. I could hear more birds up on the roof. He looked fine, so he must have been sick, like the starling. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess they eat poisoned food, or die of old age, get a disease, or..... they all gotta go sometime, as do we all... :(

    ReplyDelete