Sunday, June 5, 2016

BIRD NEWS:171




I still have a few shots of the pheasant to share with you. I was quite delighted that it allowed me to take so many without running away. It just went on at its chosen pace, ignoring me after the initial 'jump'. Eventually, it wandered up the bank on the other side of the road.



These are probably the best shots of a pheasant that I have taken to date, due to the pheasant not being in a hurry or scared of me. There is just one more photograph to share before we get back to the back yard, as the pheasant made its way up the bank beyond the white bluebells.


The following day, I managed to capture Chackie on/at the bird feeder. Bering hungry and seeing the food, it soon learned how to get a meal a little faster than awaiting crumbs to fall, as the pigeons, blackbirds and robins do. It sits on one of the 2 perches and then leans over to beak out the food! The perches being large enough for big birds.


2 comments:

  1. Those are really great shots of the pheasant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seem to be lucky with pheasants lately - at Arundel wetlands reserve, the golf course, and the PYO fields i see them!

    ReplyDelete