Thursday, June 30, 2016

BIRD NEWS:187



We spent a little while observing and discussing the birds that we could see through the hide window. Through that hide window we could see a black-headed gull on a nest, among other treats.


There were many of the black-headed gulls, a coot, and some baby black-headed gulls to observe!


The island seemed quite crowded with several nest in situ, many with young chicks raising their heads every now and then.


It really was a lovely place to rest and bird-watch, despite my knowing that even without the travel delay that had beset us on our way, and the time taken to fill out a form to allow me to become a member as my birthday gift, we would likely take up the full 2 hours - which we did, and more.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that little nesting island is fantastic. What a great place. You're going to enjoy that membership.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already am! It takes four trips to equal the cost of the annual memebershi and I have already done 3 in 2 months - so my friend's gift to me is definitely going to be well used!

    ReplyDelete