Saturday, June 18, 2016

BIRD NEWS:178


This shot was supposed to be a shot of Beatie the blue-tit entering the nesting box - alas, I was too slow - by the time I clicked, the bird had shot inside. The blue-tits have definitely moved in and definitely have family - at what stage, I am uncertain.



Parents are shooting in and out frequently, or parents and young are, grabbing peanuts by the dozen. This I do have a few shots of - Beatie selecting and eating peanuts.


As May reached its penultimate weekend, I took a 700 run. This time, I hopped off briefly in Worthing to grab a smoothie - no photos - before going shopping in Brighton. It was a spur of the moment decision to take the trip, and I had only been informed the day before I was free so there was no time to plan ahead.

I took a couple of shots of pigeons at Churchill Parade shopping mall in Brighton. They were just wandering about among people's feet. That second pigeon looks as unimpressed with the menu as I was!



I then returned to Worthing, where I had 20 minutes spare between busses and took some seagull photos. In this last photo for today, you can see Brighton in the background - further around the coast - where the tall tower and city-style buildings can just be spotted.


2 comments:

  1. I love the pigeon walking past the restaurant. :D

    That's a great shot of the seagulls on the beach, but it looks like a gloomy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazy more than gloomy. yes that pigeon really was in a good place at a good time!

    ReplyDelete