Wednesday, June 1, 2016

BIRD NEWS:167





Ditty and partner seem to enjoy hanging out on the bird feeder poles, and these photos were taken late April 2016 when spotting them thru the kitchen window one day.



The back yard seems to be a peaceful haven right now - with a lot of death, difficulty, trouble, and misery going on in the world. Pidge and partner just 'hang out' pottering about...munching a few seeds here and there, minding their own business - usually! Though at times they get a little curious...



The blue-tits are growing up in the nesting box. Although I have been unsuccessful in taking any pictures of this first batch, I see lots of blurry splodges in the hole - so assume the baby birds are about to fledge!

The blackbirds and doves have squeaks coming from their nests in my tree, but I have not seen the robins much lately. I spotted a great tit stand on the feeding pole and eye the peanuts the other day - but one of the bluetits chased it away! I have also spotted the goldfinches in my tree eying the windowsill offerings...


3 comments:

  1. Ah, I love the pictures of Pidge in the birdbath. :D

    The world could use more peaceful havens like your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed. There are planners trying to steal even more land from our countryside village at the moment - they already stole some nursery grounds and have plans on the rugby fields. They want to steal the wild fields and horse fields next to the road i walk up to get to the allotment, now... :( soon there will be no countryside in our village - except my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the same everywhere. More housing, more businesses, more people.....

    ReplyDelete