Sunday, June 19, 2016

BIRD NEWS:179




Reminding regular readers, I am taking photos of the birds in Worthing. Above are 2 shots - one of gulls in the air and one of some gulls on the beach. There were seagulls all over the place, but not very many pigeons. There were seagulls on the pier entrance building as well as the beach, for example.



Snap, snap, snap - gulls, gulls, gulls....but - sigh - no pigeons! Gulls on the land and gulls in the air - but pigeons nowhere.



It was almost time for me to go to the bus stop to wait for the bus to take me on the final leg of the day's excursion - although the bus was rather late and I could have spent an extra ten minutes or so on the pebbles if I had known and chosen.


I did finally spot a few pigeons down in the dip at the beach - and they might have been members from the former beach gang that I used to know, but they did not stay still when I approached for photography, so might not have been - or may just have forgotten me.


2 comments: