Tuesday, May 31, 2016

BIRD NEWS:166





Here are the gulls in my last posts' final photo in close up, followed by a couple of shots of gulls out over the ocean on the bus trip home. On my way from the bus to home, which takes around 30 minutes walk, I spotted some birds in the school field -


- why, yes, that is a magpie in the foreground - but behind it are some familiar birds - pigeons!



One more shot of the magpie, and my camera stayed in my carry bag til I arrived home. But back home, as I unpacked such delights as new Reeboks, baklava, garlic naans, mango powder, and Indonesian noodles, I spotted our resident chimney dwelling big black bird - and this one I know for a fact to be a jackdaw.



Well that was that trip over and done with and due to a friend's husband's accident/hospitalization, my vacation was unplannable. I was 'on call' in case their neighbor - a mutual friend - needed any help.


3 comments:

  1. Those beach pictures with the string of light bulbs in the foreground are very artsy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i suppose one day i should stay late and see what they look like at night when they are lit up....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would probably make a good picture.

    ReplyDelete