Sunday, May 8, 2016

BIRD NEWS:152

On the second Sunday in April, I took the bus to Arundel. One of the first things I spotted, while waiting for the toilets to open/be cleaned was this:


A nesting 'big black bird' - please forgive my lack of identification skills with this type of bird... I had not gone far along the moat sided pathway while awaiting the toilets to be usable when I encountered this lil fella, who seemed determined to have her picture taken - or mistook my camera for food.



She had a friend with her who turned out to be just as curious - as well as photogenic.


Now, if you have followed my blog for a while, you will recall last December I came to Arundel and posted numerous pictures of ducks, swans, geese, coots, moorhens and bird ornaments - as well as doves/pigeons. So I am sure regular readers will know there are multiple posts ahead filled with such like birds all over again.




Here are some moat-swimming ducks for example. Also, a strangle colored duck, who also had his eye on my camera as if it might taste good...


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures of the ducks. And I really love the composition of the gaslight picture-- I think I can see two giant nests up in those trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, looks like two - I was trying to get the lantern in as it looks typical of Arundel - all olde worlde.

    ReplyDelete