Friday, May 27, 2016

BIRD NEWS:160


Above is my last photo of Swanborne Lake for this April trip. As I walked back to town along the moatside sidewalk, I spotted something I had missed entirely on my way out from town earlier - a nesting moorhen!



Of course, this necessitated a few photographs...



...& that concludes my April excursion to Arundel picture wise.

April reached its middle, and looking out of the kitchen window I spotted the new Ditty and partner having a rest...



...on top of the bird feeder, where they decided to vegetate and preen peacefully for some time. In the background you can see the birdhouse on the tree behind the poly tunnel - well, there is some good news - Beatie and partner have moved in and from the way I see them scurrying about, I assume are feeding young!

2 comments:

  1. That's a cool nest. It's like its own little island out on the lake. It doesn't seem too safe from predators, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess not - right in the moat....bit safer than Curio's l;atest nest though - she's in a BUSH by the pnd where cats shelter under....

    ReplyDelete