Tuesday, May 10, 2016

BIRD NEWS:153



More ducks ahead, as I strolled along the moatside from Arundel town towards Swanborne Lake. I could barely walk a few yards without another bunch staring hopefully at my camera...



I decided that it was now approaching 10am and the loos were likely to be usable, so walked back into town. Whilst there, I took a couple of shots through a shop window of ornamental birds - just so readers don't think I have a bad case of duckmania! A stone owl and a stone goose with its reflective buddy.



After the toilet break, I headed back down alongside the moat to the Lake. Who should I encounter - but this lil fellow, a moorhen.



News from home, and the second weekend in April includes very little - basically because I went out both Saturday and Sunday this week. I did not spend much time in the kitchen either, as although I cooked at home Saturday, on Sunday, I ate from an Indian restaurant.

3 comments:

  1. Duckmania, indeed. Lots of ducks. I don't think I ever heard of a moorhen before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moorhen and coots are everyday waterfowl in England and Australia - but maybe you haven't seen any live ones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of coots before, but I don't remember hearing about moorhens. Maybe I've just forgotten.

    ReplyDelete